Active Influencer frequently asked questions
Active Influencers are vital partners in the InfluencerActive platform. We are sure you have many questions – and hope that we can easily answer them here. If you have a question that is not answered here, please send us a message.
What is InfluencerActive?
InfluencerActive operates the InfluencerActive Marketplace — through the Sharetribe platform — that connects users, brands and agencies to help them book an activation as listed — from their favorite social media personality (ie you). Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful influencer marketplace.
How do I contact the InfluencerActive team?
Feel free to contact us here: email@example.com.
One of the InfluencerActive Team will get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I get started?
When you first register with InfluencerActive, you will receive a series of emails. Each email will set out one step to improve your profile and help you post your first listing. These steps include:
- Application status (approved): When your application has been approved you will receive a short approval email confirming your active status.
- Invitation to register: InfluencerActive is an invitation only marketplace. When you are invited to register, you will receive an email containing an activation code. You will need register your details and add your activation code to the system by clicking the registration button in your activation email.
- Add your payment details: To create a listing and to receive payments, you will need to:
- Add your bank account details to the Payments section of your profile
- Connect your personal PayPal account – see details here.
- Create your first listing: We recommend you start with a simple Activation:
- Choose Make a post
- Provide a title – for example, “Let me create an amazing promotional post for your product launch”
- Enter a price for your listing
- Provide a description for your listing
- Select the industry/expertise categories that you feel comfortable posting about
- Enter your LinkedIn profile address (this can help customers review your style and approach)
- Location (customers may want to activate in particular countries/locations)
- Images – load images that illustrate the style of work that you are offering.
How much commission does InfluencerActive take?
You can set your own rates in the InfluencerActive Marketplace. InfluencerActive takes a 25% commission on each transaction.
How do I receive bookings?
When a customer makes a purchase you will receive an email with relevant details. This provides you with an opportunity to review the request. You will also have the opportunity to:
- Accept the request
- Decline the request
- Ask questions / request media.
How do I contact customers?
When a customer has made a purchase, you will be able to communicate with them through your ActiveInfluencer inbox. Each purchase is classified as a “Transaction” – and all communications between you and your customer is logged by transaction. This means it’s easy to review all transaction history.
How do I complete a job?
After accepting a job, you can carry out any related tasks (liking a post, creating a post etc) at any time. However, we recommend you check with your customer to ensure that you are coordinating your activities. When you have completed your task:
- Open your InfluencerActive inbox
- Review the transaction
- Send a notification to your customer, sharing the link to the published post etc.
How do I get paid?
When do I get paid for bookings?
After your Influencer Gig has been marked as complete, funds will be released into your designated bank account. We use Stripe to distribute funds into bank accounts in over 40 countries. This takes 7-10 days AFTER the transaction has been completed.
After you have ACCEPTED your Influencer Gig, payment will be transferred into your account immediately.
How do I refund a booking?
Sometimes customers can dispute a booking, or you might need to refund a booking for some other reason. If this is the case:
- PayPal: Login to the PayPal account that you have connected to InfluencerActive. Find the correct transaction (usually shown as #XXXXXXX) and click full or partial refund depending on the case. Also, let us know that you have issued a refund so that we can also refund the commission.
- Stripe: If the payment has not been processed through Stripe as yet, please contact us and let us know and we will issue a refund before it is processed to your account. If the transaction has been marked as complete, you will need to refund the customer directly from your own account. You may want to use the PayPal “send money” function to do this.